We just picked up the most delicious, juicy peaches yesterday. I love summer fruits and one of my all time favorites is the peach. My husband remarked last night, as he was eating one of these perfectly ripened beauties, that this is the best peach he’s ever eaten. So, in celebration of these luscious lovelies, here is a great summertime recipe for our Thirsty Thursday feature – Peach Lemonade! There is a tiny bit of work involved in the prep process but the outcome is well worth it!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 4 cups ice
- 1 peach, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Place peach mixture in a blender; let stand for 20 minutes. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Press peach mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Stir in lemon juice. Place 1/2 cup ice in each of 8 glasses. Pour about 2/3 cup lemonade into each glass; garnish each glass with 1 peach wedge.